woensdag 21 oktober 2009

Lisa

A couple of weeks ago when I was walkng with the dogs and after they had all jumped out of the car I noticed Lisa was limping.
She did not want me to touch her leg but she also did not want me to carry her the rest of our walk so she just ran and had fun on three legs.

The next morning we went to the vet because next to that she did not want to use her leg it had also gotten very swollen and felt very warm.
I was scared she had teared a tendon or something but according to the vet this was not the case as everything felt very stabil and he gave some painkillers.

With the painkillers she started to use her leg a little and we agreed upon another week of painkillers to see if it would get better.
Unfortunately it did not get any better than it was so went back to the vet who made x-rays this time.

The X-ray showed a broken bone under her hock joint and it had to be operated.

With the help of a few friends we found a vet that was willing to operate it and gave us a good feeling so we decided to have it done here.

Lisa was operated on last week Thursday and this is how it looks right now:
She is doing fine and hopefully in a couple of weeks she will be able to join the others again on our walks.
Big thank you to all my friends who helped me out with this last week as without you I couldn't have gone to have Tempo mated!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm glad that you found a vet who could operate Lisa :-). I hope good luck with her and Tempo.

    Groetjes
    Aki & Pauska

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Awww bless her! Hope she is recovering well!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen