zaterdag 25 april 2009

Single Tracking

Today I went to a show in Belgium woth Howard and Tinsel, I was hoping to get the qualifying CC for his Belgian title with Howard.
I took Tinsel and not Flirt as Tinsel doesn't have Belgian CC's yet and Flirt has 1, as there needs to be 1 year in between the first and the last CC I wanted that first for Tinsel as soon as possible.

Howard was alone in his class, got 1st Excellent but the judge (which wasn't the one I had entered under but it is not the first time judges are being changed into someone I wouldn't enter under normally) came up to me and asked me if I knew what single tracking was.

I told her I did and than the judge told me Howard was doing that, I told her I know and I can't see any problem in it as most Shelties are single tracking when moving a little faster.
I was told his feet were too much in one line but in my opinion that is the meaning of the word single tracking or am I wrong here?

Anyway, she asked me to move Howard again which I did but this time I made sure he was moving slower, when I got back to the judge she asked me if I adjusted the speed I walked him with because he was not doing it now so I told her that was the essence of single tracking.

It is judges like this that sometimes make me feel it is not about dogs anymore. Howard got Reserve Best Dog because he was doing what he is supposed to do???

I still had to go in with Tinsel, she is carrying a very big coat and I spent the past 2 weeks stripping it off bit by bit so there's a shape to see.
Well, Tinsel is definately NOT single tracking so that couldn't be the problem today ;-)
She got 1st Excellent in her class and was the only adult bitch that was graded Excellent and therefor the only bitch competing for the CC.
She got the CC and in the end also got Best of Breed.
Despite the results of today this was a 'once but never again' judge for me, she is not on my list anymore ;-)

Here's a picture of Tinsel made in the ring by Jan and Joost van der Meijden after she got Best of Breed.
Off to the dirt again tomorrow!!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. hi Marcella, i think the judge is on your list. The do not enter under this judge list ahahahahah !!!!!
    Tinsel looks great. Congratulations
    Rui

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Congratulations with the "fine" result :o)

    Unfortunately there are many judges which don't know that collies and shelties had to singletrack!! I wish that there in the standards where written that they had to singletrack...in that way there would be no misunderstanding!!

    //Bente

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen